Fonema Consort in collaboration with Access Contemporary Music (ACM) invites composers to submit proposals to write a new piece for soloists of Fonema Consort featured at our second Solo Series in the Spring 2016.
The series will comprise three solo shows, each featuring one of the ensemble’s featured instrumental performers: Dalia Chin (flute), Emily Beisel (clarinet) and Weston Olencki (trombone). This year the series will partner with ACM and each concert will include a new composition by an ACM composer.
Guidelines and details are as follows:
– Instrumentation: Flute (picc, alto, bass), Clarinet (Eb clarinet, Bass Clarinet), Trombone
– Duration: 8 minutes maximum
– Auxiliary equipment: electronics, amplification, mutes etc
– Materials: Inclusion of vocal elements is required: text based pieces, vocalizations, prerecorded voice, etc.
– Submission deadline for proposals is July 18th
– Selected Composers will be announced in August of 2015
– Scores due January 15th 2016
– Solo Series will occur in the Spring of 2016. Exact dates are TBA
Required materials to be submitted:
Please submit the application form available for download here: click
Please submit a 1 page resume, online links to audio/video files and PDFs of 2 sample scores. It is preferred that the sample scores include the instrument for which you would like to write.
Please include an explanation of your proposed concept and means of incorporating vocal elements in a maximum of 300 words. In addition, please list doublings, mutes, electronics or any other requirements for the performance of your proposed work.
Submit all application, materials and questions to Emily@acmusic.org.